Saturday, October 2, 2010

A surprise

About two weeks ago, I went to the mail box and found a hand addressed envelope waiting for me.  I opened it and it started:

I am writing regarding the round barn.
My name is Chuck Nelson.  I was raised on the farm where you live.  My great grandfather Hans and grandfather Arthur built the barn with the help of local contractors.
It breaks my heart to see the terrible condition of the barn.  My dad lives in town and if you were interested in some history of the farm I'm sure he would be glad to share.
Chuck and his dad, Bobby, came out last week.  Bobby was very quiet and reserved, I'm guessing pained by the state of the barn.  I tried to reassure him that we planned to rebuild and restore the barn.

Bobby told me the paint recipe 5 gal of red paint to 5 gal of linseed oil.  He said it took him a week to paint the barn.  Can't wait to get to the point where I get to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment